Old June 29th 15, 10:43 PM posted to alt.audio,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster 7.1 stops working after recent windows 7 update.

"
SNIP
You should check that that OLD soundblaster 7.1 is actually supported by
WIN7. A lot of old stuff isn't worth the effort of writing new drivers,
i.e. my HP1010 laser printer
"

I find your posting very weird. If it was working before then that
automatically means it's supported, doesn't it ?

Yes it is supported by Creative Labs at the very least, and even Microsoft
itself.

By drivers.

Can't reach creative labs website right now... it seems very slow... but it
doesn't matter. I am going to try de-installing evil looking updates first,
then all if necessary... to see if that fixes it...

If it does... then that basically proves it's a problem with the windows 7
updates !

Bye,
Skybuck.