Old February 3rd 05, 12:39 AM

Todd H. wrote:
writes:
I have stolen nothing, and have already stated that the copy of the
(unregistered)window 98(SE) software we are talking about belongs

me.

That's the point--no, no it doesn't "belong to you." You are a
licensee. You bought the computer from dell, and with it came
installed Microsoft software for which you were granted and accepted

restricted license to that software. One of the restrictions of

OEM
distributions of Windows is that it can't be legally used on other
computers. Have you never read a license agreement? Or even
what's on that CD label--it may even be on there.

When I said it belongs to me, it is understood(by everyone else) what
is meant. Only I have the right to use it.

So, he's absolutely right, that you cannot legally put your Dell OEM
copy of win98 on a non-Dell computer. Even if it's technically
possible, it's still a breach of copyright.

And would you mind posting the exact wording of what you have been
referring to?

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.