Old January 30th 05, 05:03 PM
JAD

It had a very short life, and Microsoft employees
have admitted off the record that it is the worst version of Windows
released

uh huh....right

Me is/was for thinkers, XP is for brain dead "I just want to turn it
on' monkey people.

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in message
Windows ME is a platypus part way between the DOS-oriented Win 95/98

and the
NT-kernel operating systems. It had a very short life, and

Microsoft employees
have admitted off the record that it is the worst version of Windows

released.
The fact that it really messes up the DOS-based capabilities makes

it
unacceptable to me. If you really want to limit the DOS stuff, go

all the way
with 2000 or XP... Ben Myers

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:17:58 -0600, John wrote:

On 29 Jan 2005 14:34:00 -0600, (Todd H.) wrote:

writes:

I actually installed KAZAA over a year ago, and attempted to

uninstall
it after it made my (WindowsME)system more unstable than usual.

And that's really saying something!

Right now I'm on the verge of just saving important folders and

wiping
the hard drive clean. But since it is a Compaq, it's going to be

hell
installing an OS on it.

It'll be well worth your while though. If it's fast enough with

more
than 256MB of memory, get Win2000 or XP on it.

2000 is definately best.

If not, consider
getting your hands on a copy of Win98 SE. Windows ME is a

horribly
unstable piece of poo, unfortunately.

True, fully as crappy as 98SE.

ME is no worse than 98SE (and no better either). People saying bad
things about ME usually have VERY limited experience (many did a
"upgrade" over an old OS, something best avoided). The others are
mindlessly repeating those people.

Best Regards,