Old June 8th 04, 07:29 AM
Dennis Kessler

"Kevin Childers" wrote:

Could be some form of spyware too.

KC

I've run SpyBot and adAware. No joy.

-DK

"Dennis Kessler" wrote
"doS" wrote:

Geez..prolly a virus....

I think not. I think it has to do with me enabling the keyboard 'easy
access buttons.' ...Much of the Compaq software was unchecked in the
msconfig startup tab. I check 'em to enabled the Compaq stuff, and it
seems like that is when the mail and the disk access problem began.

Also, I checked the computer with the lastest AVG anti-virus software.

Thanks.

-Dennis

"Dennis Kessler" wrote in message
How can I stop the mail and constant hard drive activity?

Everytime the Presario 5170, running Windows 98 is booted up,
the computer tries to send an email. I can see this activity on
my router's log file. No mail programs are running. Nothing is
queued to be sent.

This began yesterday, (I think, after fiddling with the
internet keyboard buttons). Prior to yesterday, I had the
startup configuration in msconfig, set to not load the Compaq
startup software that controls the keyboard buttons.

Also, I see the hard drive light showing regular activity every
several seconds, no matter how long the computer is idle.

The disk activity is not the fast find program. I have that set
to stop.

-Dennis

--
Dennis Kessler