Old January 11th 04, 02:39 AM
Bob Rekieta

Generally, movie DVDs are dual layered so they hold around 9.4 GB of data.
Most DVD burners for computers can only burn 4.7 GB, so using DVD X Copy
will need to use 2 discs to get everything that is on most DVDs. DVD X Copy
Platinum will quite often get everything from a dual layered DVD to single
DVD as it allows you to compress and remove various features from the
original DVD (such as alternate language tracks). DVD X Copy Express will
copy only the movie and none of the extras, so usually that will fit on 1
DVD.

"Trai' La Trash" wrote in message
Hey Dale,
Which software out there will burn a 1 to 1 copy of a DVD?

I have two burners and only ever used them for data. (old one is DVD R and
new one is dual format)

Tried DVD XCopy and after it did the rip it wanted me to use two disc and

didn't like that.

I'd like to be able to make backups of my movies so they don't get

scratched
up when I'm on the road or lend them out.

Trai'