Old September 17th 04, 10:28 PM
philo

Jedinial bullfrogz wrote:
Hi,

I think my PS2 port is fried on my new MB.

Tried two different PS2 KB's in it and I need to access the bios to disable
the port.

I am using a Wireless USB keyboard which works fine when windows starts but
will not do anything in the post boot up sequence.

I have both KB's plugged in (PS2 & USB) only way to make it work, and the PC
makes a strange noise (internal spaker) when starting up.

The PS2 KB does not work in the bios access sequence and when I start XP Pro

I only get the "PS2 error press F1 to continue" every 1 in 3 boots to which
I reset the PC again and hope it does not come up.

Is there any other way I can access the bios, say by using a direct pluging
USB KB, the legacy USB is enabled.

Many thanks in advance, it's driving me CRAZY!

Jed.

are you *sure* you don;t have the keyboard plugged into the mouse port???