Old December 23rd 03, 08:40 PM
jamotto

kony wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:21:08 -0000, "GeoffC"
wrote:

Thanks for the answers it clears things up for me.

The PC2100 (133mhz) memory is actually 266mhz DDR then. Maybe that would
explain why I found so much of it then :-))

No, it's not. It's EITHER (266) MHz or DDR, but not both. It is
incorrect to use both terms at the same time, those who do so are the
whole reason for the confusion in the first place.

DDR means double date rate. You are not doubling a 266MHz rate,
rather doubling the 133MHz rate, so one or the other can't exist in
the same description for PC2100 memory, not as a relation to each
other.

Dave

Maybe this will clear up any confusion.
What is the difference between PC2100 (DDR266), PC2700 (DDR333), and
PC3200 (DDR400).

PC2100 DDR (DDR 266) is designed for use in systems and motherboards
which require a 133MHz front-side bus. While the system or motherboard
may operate a 133MHz front-side bus, its effective front-side bus
speed is 266MHz in DDR operation. To get the effective front-side bus
speed of a DDR system, double the operating frequency -- which in this
case is 133 MHz -- to get the 266MHz.

PC2700 DDR (DDR333) is designed for use in systems and motherboards
which require a 166MHz front-side bus, with an effective front-side
bus speed of 333MHz.

PC3200 DDR (DDR400) is designed for use in systems and motherboards
which require a 200MHz front-side bus, with an effective front-side
bus speed of 400MHz.
article here http://www.crucial.com/kb/answer.asp?qid=4003