Old April 11th 04, 09:44 PM
Tweek

If the motherboard has already been replaced for the capacitor issue, then
it is unlikely to reoccur, the new boards don't have the bad caps on them.
Now that I think about it, there were two different Socket A boards offered
by Gateway, a micro ATX board (does not have the problem) and a standard ATX
board (the board with the issue). The problems range from just randomly
locking up in windows or during boot, to not completing POST, to not
powering on at all.

"ToolPackinMama" wrote in message
Tweek wrote:

Open the case and look at the electrolytic capacitors on the motherboard.
If
any of them are bulging or leaking at the top, either the capacitors or
the
entire board needs replaced. It is a common issue with this board.

Really? I didn't know that.

I was trying to figure out how the heck the BIOS became inaccessible.
Do you think the problem might recur?