Old May 4th 08, 12:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
John Whitworth[_2_]

Default RMA-ing Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

"Fishface" ? wrote in message
John Whitworth wrote:

Had enough...this board is going back. After lots of grief, I've
determined
that it's suffering from the 4 sticks of RAM issue. It was an expensive
board, so I expect much better. I don't want to have to do loads of
tweaking
just to get it to work on spec!

Of course you tried bumping the MCH voltage a tad?

Sorry...just realised that my last response is talking about DDR voltage
levels, not MCH.

What sort of amount should I raise MCH by? And is this an acceptable 'tweak'
for a top-end board. Shouldn't it just work, out of the box - at least at
stock speeds?

JW