Old June 8th 08, 09:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Found AIO with same print head as Canon IP4000 for $155.00shipped

On Jun 8, 9:45 am, "DanG" wrote:
wrote in message

I'm still searching to buy a Canon IP4000. However, I did find a new
Canon MP780 for $155.00 shipped from a retailer on the internet. I
notice that the MP780 uses the same print head as the Canon IP4000.
Are the print quality of these 2 units the same....since they use the
same print head?

If they use the same inks, then they have the same print engine, but not
necessarily the same head. They'll be close though. It also uses the same CD
tray as the IP4000 and IP5000. One way to spot differences in the head is
the speed ratings, pages per minute. In any case, you'd be happy with the
780, quality wise. The only differences in the heads, if any, would be in
the number of nozzles.

Dan G,
I was checking the price of a new print head for the IP4000 on ebay.
That was how I found out it uses the exact same print head as the
i860, MP780 and MP760. (BTW the head is $48.00 shipped.) Then I
started l looking for a new MP780; which cost over $400 on
amazon.com. Then I came across this other internet website that sold
brand new ones for $155.00 shipped.

So that being said, is it safe to say the quality of the photos should
be the same. A new IP4000 cost $300.00 on ebay. i860 and MP760 only
have used ones.

p.s. On a previous post that I delete already, I incorrectly wrote
IP5000.