Old May 25th 18, 04:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default Intel onboard GPU conflicting with CPU power

On 5/25/2018 8:48 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
Is it true that if you max out the GPU part of an Intel processor at the
same time as all the normal cores, it can't do them all at once?* I run
Boinc which can do calculations on both at once.* And if I use all the CPU
cores, the GPU part goes about a 5th of the speed.* I guess the only other
place this could happen is a game that multithreads on all the cores and
also uses the graphics.

A question probably better asked in a different forum. No doubt someone
here will have a definitive answer:

https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_index.php

I run BOINC on multiple machines and always understood that it would only
use external (non-cpu) graphics hardware so I can't contribute anything
from personal experience.