Old December 12th 10, 04:36 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.nintendo
The Closer

Default PSP2 has PS3 quality graphics

On Dec 11, 9:58*am, Miles Bader wrote:
The Closer writes:
Anyway the PSP2 - here are my thoughts -- the biggest factor to its
success is not going to its graphics ability but the screen quality --
it really needs a screen the same quality as the iPhone 4 otherwise
I'm inclined to agree with Pachter. Sony needed multiple attempts to
get the screen right on the PSP1 -- this makes me very apprehensive
whether they could pull off the PSP2

There's also the question of to what extent, having obsessed over the
graphics, Sony will manage to screw up the controls / ergonomics /
form-factor / pricing.

They don't have a good track record...

Another thing: Launch library.

If Sony think they can rely on ports of old PS1/2 game libraries for
launch titles, they're in for a rude shock.

The launch library of the 3DS will be *massive* (If not unprecedented)
and that's not even considering the 3D movie titles.