Old April 19th 06, 02:06 PM posted to comp.arch.storage

Default Backup Options Tape vs Online, Opinions wanted.

Rob,

Thank you for the reply. The control is also one of my main concerns.
The online backup company is a local one that I have dealt with for
over 10 years but the online backup service is one that they just
started to provide. I am fairly certain that we will be going with
the tape unit, that way it gives us alot of room to grow. Then replace
the tapes every 3 years (about 30 uses each, since we only backup M-F).
Maybe then do a test restore of some data every month. I may also
copy a backup of our SQL data every night to a Flash drive also, since
they are so cheap.

Thank you for your help, all opinions are greatly welcomed.

Darren