Old March 28th 05, 02:24 AM
McGrandpa

"One of Many" wrote in message

My new MSI 6800 will lock system up playing Everquest II. I have tired
over and underclocking card. I am currently using 71.84, but have also
tried tried 67.66. I have used Intel Desktop Control Center to set the
following settings to:

snipped for brevity

I should note that this card works fine in another box. Same driver,
but 540 proc on another 915 MB. The MSI 6600GT from that box works
fine on this box, but just a bit laggier, and some textures seem to
be missing. (Barely noticeable, and may be just me)

Any ideas?

FWIW- I played Far Cry, Doom3 and IL2+AEP+PF on a FX5900, then a
Ti4600, then a 6800-128 in that order and with no problems. I went one
further, and bought a 6800GT. Now all my other games did fine, TR: AoD,
UT2004, Morrowind, Half-Life2. No problems with them. But those first
three? All kinds of problems. CTD's, flashing textures, stuttering,
etc. Uninstalling those three and then re-installing them, allowing
them to install with the 6800GT in and they detected it, helped. Before
reinstalling, IL2 wouldn't even run with the 6800GT. Doom3 looked
pretty bad, and was very slow. Far Cry was hugely flashing textures,
missing textures, and CTD's. With the reinstall, an occasional flicker
in Far Cry but otherwise perfect. Doom3...well....it's stunning and
very quick now. I fly IL2 in perfect mode and it's beautiful.
Not all games work the same way. I can't explain why those three games
acted up and none of the others did.
Just thinking that maybe the same would help your problem. You
wouldn't think it could make that much difference. But for my 3 games,
it did.
McG.