Old September 21st 20, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Mike Easter

Default What PC hardware diagnostic stress-testing freeware can yourecommend?

Arlen Holder wrote:
Mike Easter wrote:

Likewise, I think using it for your daily driver is a disadvantage in
the diagnosis business. The tweaked OS has two many unknowns.

It hasn't BSOD'd in a few days, running 24/7, where I thought you'd be
interested in a "WhySoSlow" Analysis, after 24 hours of use as the dd:

The only anomaly I see is the mouse every once in a while is glitchy,
in that it doesn't move for a microsecond and then recovers, which happens
relatively frequently (about once an hour or so on average or so).

What kind of mouse? USB or PS/2 - optical or ball

But I don't know of any tool, yet, that monitors mouse "glitchiness".
o Do you?

No.

RAM: 16127 MB total

I tho't you were previously using 32G.

While the test was idle, your CPU usage ranged from 18.7% to 60.8%.

What kind of 'idle' is that? (that is 20-60% cpu?)

During the test hard pagefaults ranged from 0.0 to 9.1 pagefaults per second.
The values reported are considered excellent.
More info..http://www.resplendence.com/whysoslow_help_hardpagefaults

I read that page. I don't understand why there should be the kind of
pagefaults it is reporting (9/sec) if you have 16G of ram.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ts/ba-p/373120
The Basics of Page Faults

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_fault
Illegal accesses and invalid page faults, as invalid conditions, can result in a segmentation fault or bus error, resulting in programming termination (crash) or core dump, depending on the operating system environment.

Major page faults on conventional computers using hard disk drives for storage can have a significant impact on performance, math operations then the page fault would make the operation about 40,000 times slower.

--
Mike Easter