Old January 14th 16, 01:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Peter Jason

Default Toshiba wont 'scan to file' after Win10 upgrade.

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 16:37:57 -0500, "David H. Lipman"

From: "Peter Jason"

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:42:27 +1100, Peter Jason wrote:

Help, Peter

Thanx to all. The Printer/scanner is a
TOSHIBA e-STUDIO2309A
a multifunctional monochrome Fax/Scanner/Printer connected to the
Win10pro computer with a Cat5 IP cable.

The printer worked OK, and the scanner worked OK too, but only on Win7
ult.

I hustled a fix from Toshiba because it's still under warranty and all
that was required was the insertion of the User name & password used
for Win10pro into the scan setup fields in the TopAccess. These
passwords were not required for Win7, and the screen the specifically
noted that the user/password could be left blank if desired.

The local agents were no help and were under the impression that a
"Windows10 patch" was required.

I have survived to tell thee!

Uninstall all the software associated with the Toshiba All-in-One ( AIO ).

Download the lastest software for the Toshiba AIO
http://business.toshiba.com/usa/supp...ELCTD&site=usa

Reinstall the software making sure you you do it either by the Web Services
and Devices ( WSD ) protocol or by using the direct IP Address of the
Toshiba AIO.

Note that this Toshiba AIO is not a retail product. It is designed for the
corporate environment which begs the questioon if there is an IT Support
group associated with the business this AIO is installed in ?

Thanks, but it's working now. I've downloaded the
Full client Installer 04/05/14 2.01
for future reference.