Old August 31st 04, 03:01 AM
fastfwd

"JK" wrote in message
Why are you even considering notebooks with a 32 bit processor?

Excuse me if I'm confused, but it seems like I've read somewhere that the
video card in these HP/Compaq machines (NVIDIA GeForce 4 440 Go) isn't
compatible with DirectX 9? Is this true? If so isn't that going to more
than likely cause incompatibility with any future 64bit video editing
programs?

Other than that - I'm trying to weight out if the Dell machine is possibly
more robust as far as it's construction. Possibly the money is going into
that more than all the bonus stuff that I'd be getting with the HP/Compaq
models?

No question that the HP/Compaq's look much better feature wise (haven't seen
a head to head performance comparison). Most of the deficiencies in the
Dell (besides the 64 bit processor) can be upgraded later.

--
A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies

THX 1138