Old November 4th 03, 04:23 AM
SK

"Yvo" wrote in message
news:Zq6jb.134353$%h1.137802@sccrnsc02...
Has anyone tried the new hp/compaq zt3000.

It is listed on HP Shopping's website but hardly, if any, internet reviews
are available on this product. I guess it just came out because the

feature
set it has is terrific and I would have bet that a Cnet would have

reviewed
it by now.

I have said machine (zt3000), and definitely *rocks*. It's the same design
as the Compaq X1000. Not nearly as ugly as most other "consumer" notebooks,
and I got one loaded with everything I could possibly want for $2K.
Definitely get the SWXGA+ screen (1680x1050), or higher res, if your eyes
can handle it.

Unlike the 17" model, this one is 6.3 lb, nice and thin. The 15.4" screen is
fantastic, and the overall size is not a problem--I didn't have to buy a new
computer bag for it.