Old August 14th 03, 05:39 PM
R. Paul Martin

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:23:40 -0700, Mike Richter

Before getting upset, I'd check a few on a drive you know to be good -
or at least on another drive. If that's in general agreement with your
first results, then I'd check to see what material is so important you
want a further backup and make that.

Thanks, Mike. I'm going to try to find someone I can check it with.

i'd really like to hear from anyone who's in my same boat: lots of C2
errors where there really shouldn't be any.

The trick is to find out what media write well in your drive at what
speed *before* you use them for archiving.

Yeah, I'd thought I'd done all of this, but I've never had a real CD
checker before. I triple check every burn at the file level, but
nothing I have has been able to really check the burned CD-R itself;
actually, it looks like I still don't have software which will do this
correctly.