Old March 12th 08, 12:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Wandering

Default Acer 5715z fan problem

It seem logical that you should roll back the last update, and continue one
by one till the touch pad works again.

Then reinstall all but the offending update.

Or, you could look to see which updates were actually drivers for your
hardware, and roll those back. Never get hardware updates from Vista
updates - go to the manufacturer of the computer or hardware and download
the latest versions there.

Finally, you could consider simply looking on the MFG website for the
drivers for your system, and download the driver for the touchpad and
install it.

The help files will get to to the update roll back, and a search of the MFG
site will get your drivers.

Then, set Vista update to only tell you they are available. Do not let Vista
update on it's own. Then look at the list that is offered, and do NOT
install any hardware updates from Vista. Check the website for the device,
and get it there.

Good luck.

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
Your Acer is equipped with a hidden disk partition that contains all you
need to restore the system to factory settings. This is accessed by a CD
which a utility program included will make for you. Be sure to locate the

At the beginning you should to backup your PC image using "Acer
eRecovery Management" into CDs, then you'll be able to restore it. But
to restore you don't know how to perform it, maybe at the BIOS
start-up?.. how? I've read somewhere to press a button (F?).. but I
can't.. There should be a way to access eRecovery from BIOS start-up..
do you know how?

program and make the CD. Then you can always get back to the start
condition
of your system.

Acer prefaces all their utilities, it seems, with e- Try the help files
for
details.

I've installed all Windows Vista updates from MS site and some other
programs.. and now touchpad can't work! I only can use mouse: why?
I've tried to reinstall (by the CD set created by me as before I said)
its driver and Acer Launch Manager but nothing happens! HELPPPPP! :-(

Mhaxx