Old August 31st 18, 12:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default AT&T Broadband ? Resolved

On 08/30/2018 07:54 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/30/2018 8:44 PM, philo wrote:
On 08/25/2018 05:59 AM, philo wrote:
My service went out and AT&T ran a diagnostic and said my router went
out and they would send a new one. While waiting I decided to try my
router at a neighbor's house who also has AT&T broadband and it
worked OK there so I called them back and they will eventually send a
tech out to repair the line.

At the wires coming into my house I only got a reading of 2mv ac

At any rate he replaced the router and it's DC supply and all is good

Does your setup have a separate modem and router then? I've never seen
one like that. When AT&T foisted the unneeded equipment change on me the
instructions were to not send back the power supply/UPS so I kept mine
and use it to power a Netgear gigabit switch in the equipment closet and
it handles that quite nicely.

AT&T has provided me what I believe is called a gateway router with
power supply. Nothing else, though I do have my own router for my home
network.

Since I worked for a Enersys-Delaware and two previous battery
manufacturers I have plenty of UPS's and batteries here so do not need
the AT&T UPS but what the heck since AT&T did not want it I kept it.

Heck it had a good Yuasa battery in it and Yuasa was one of the
companies I had worked for previously.

BTW: I never switched jobs since 1975 but the companies I worked for
kept getting bought out.