Old April 18th 06, 09:02 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default Is this safe to OC?

Neil Barras wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Packard Bell iMedia 4600 that I salvaged from work. It has the
following specs:

P3 Coppermine @ 750MHz (100x7.5)
2x 128MB PC133 @ 100MHz

There was a sticker on the front saying it was a Celeron 1GHz, but I'm
guessing it had been swapped with the P3. When I ran CPUz just to see what
it came up with, I was surprised to see:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/dogsiwoo/CPU.jpg

Because this is supposedly a 1000MHz CPU, could I raise the FSB to 133MHz
(133x7.5) to gain it again? Or (as I'm guessing the Celeron worked) raise
the Multiplier to 10 (100x10) to get the 1GHz back?

I would OC... Looks like a CPU change was made. Your CPU and memory will
probably work and are unlikely to be hurt (do check temps, though), and
your initial investment is small.

--
-bill davidsen )