Old July 25th 04, 10:00 PM
GTS

"Radox" wrote in message
I have:

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Procesor
256MB SDRAM PC133
Mainboard ECS K7S5A 266 MHZ FSB

When I work in windows after a while (more rapidly in games) the
computer locks-up completly nothing whorks but the terstrt button.
Is this because my RAM FSB is only 133 and not 266
My computer works whitouth problem if I slow the bus down to 200 FSB
and my procesor is 1800+
Please help me.

No it's not because your RAM is only 133Mhz - your CPU is also 133Mhz. If
you have DDR ram then the 133 is effectively doubled to 266Mhz but SDRAM
works fine.
It is likely that the memory is either faulty, or the RAM timings are too
aggressive. You could try loading optimized defaults / fail safe defaults in
your BIOS - you did'nt load the BIOS top performance did you? Also try
Memtest, a DOS utility that will report any errors with the RAM.
Another possibilty is temperature, as lowering the FSB to 100 would make it
run cooler, but usually this would cause the PC to run very slow and finally
turn off...