Old February 4th 04, 05:24 PM
Rob

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I also just came across a motherboard
monitoring utility at Intel's website (Intel Active Monitor
http://intel.com/design/motherbd/active.htm ) which indicates 400MHz FSB, so
all is well.

"Tweek" wrote in message
100 Mhz is the 'true' bus speed of the Celeron. Intel calls it's 400Mhz

bus
'quad pumped'. The 533Mhz bus is 133Mhz 'quad pumped' and the 800 Mhz bus

is
200Mhz 'quad pumped'.

"Rob" wrote in message
I have a celeron 2.6 (which runs at up to 400mhz FSB) and an Intel

D845HV
motherboard (which has no BIOS settings to adjust or check any of this
stuff, but also is supposed to run at up to 400mhz FSB). I had a

hardware
probing utility which happened to come with a software package tell me

I'm
only running at 100MHz FSB. I couldn't find a utility to check this on
tucows or winfiles.... it doesn't really matter I guess since I have no

way
to change it,
but I'd still like to know.....any pointers? Thanks!