Old July 4th 18, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Need VGA video card for T3104 eMachine

Wayne wrote:

The onboard video in my eMachines T3104 is out. The MOBO has a free
PCI slot. I would like to try a VGA video card in it if I could find
a cheap one. Anyone know what I need and where?

What you need depends on what you intend to do with the computer. If
you intend to play video games or do graphics/video editing, you'll need
a better video card than what is needed for e-mail, word processing, web
browsing, and other normal tasks. The onboard video isn't much to brag
about, so it doesn't take much of a video card to surpass onboard video.

The specs on that computer regarding graphics say:

S3 Graphics Unichrome Pro 64MB DDR Shared memory

That's very low end so just about any video card will do. You said
"PCI" but that could mean "PCI (non-Express)" or "PCI Express". If all
you have is just PCI, those are getting tougher to find. Found some at
Newegg:

http://tinyurl.com/y7ww92bm

If there is an AGP card slot, use that instead of PCI. Newegg has a few
AGP cards:

http://tinyurl.com/ybtj36ye

You never mention what connector is on the end of the monitor's video
cable. You need to get a video card that matches the connector on the
monitor, or use an adapter to convert.