Old December 28th 07, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Benjamin Gawert

Default Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

* Luca Villa:

I think that the NVidia Quadro or ATI FireGL are those that can give
me the highest speed, more than the gaming cards.

No, they won't. Both FireGL and Quadro FX are professional *3D* cards
(the 2D equivalents are Quadro NVS and FireGL MV which are for 2D
multi-monitor solutions) based on the exact same chipsets as the
consumer cards (Geforce/Radeon).

Are you completely sure that they cannot make a visible difference
against cheap $50-$100 cards for general Windows use with tens of
opened windows?

Yes, I am. And yes, I do know the gfx cards including the FireGL and
Quadro quite good as we have a ****load of workstations with these cards.

Of course you're free to go out and spend 2500EUR for a Quadro FX 500
with 1.5GB memory. But for 2D it won't bring you one yota of performance
benefit over a say 30EUR Geforce FX 5200 or any other low end card.

Benjamin