Old September 3rd 03, 11:19 PM
Paul Galjan

Default Software To Turn Linux Into Fibre Channel Storage System

Softek, which is owned by
Fujitsu, purchased a license of Datacores SanSymphony code. The Softek
engineer said to me that they had to do a lot of work to stablize
Datacore's code. He then admitted to me that if he was in my shoes that
he would not use this type of virtualization technology for my critical
data due to performance reasons and questionable stability.

Here I go grinding my axe again!!!

Doesn't Softek themselves sell a storage virtualization suite? Yes they do.
And it works quite nicely.

Even so, doesn't this prompt you to take this Datacore bashing with a grain
of salt?

http://www.softek.fujitsu.com/en/pro...irtualization/

--paul (never worked w/datacore...)