Old June 10th 08, 05:29 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Found AIO with same print head as Canon IP4000 for $155.00shipped

On Jun 8, 8:17 pm, "DanG" wrote:
wrote in message

Dan G,
I was checking the price of a new print head for the IP4000 on ebay.
That was how I found out it uses the exact same print head as the
i860, MP780 and MP760. (BTW the head is $48.00 shipped.) Then I
started l looking for a new MP780; which cost over $400 on
amazon.com. Then I came across this other internet website that sold
brand new ones for $155.00 shipped.

So that being said, is it safe to say the quality of the photos should
be the same. A new IP4000 cost $300.00 on ebay. i860 and MP760 only
have used ones.

p.s. On a previous post that I delete already, I incorrectly wrote
IP5000.

I wouldn't say you are ever "safe" buying deals that are too good to be
true. Many online sellers list these printers, but don't actually have them
in stock. Ever heard of bait and switch? BTW, you can buy a print head from
an authorized Canon service center for just a few dollars more than the
online prices. But heads aren't the only thing that goes bad.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with buying one of these older units, unless I
planned to do a very large volume of printing that demands refilling or
compatible tanks. I wouldn't say that the quality of these older units'
output will be the same as a newer unit, but they will be equally good
compared to each other. You might also look for an older MX unit, as they
have the same print engine too, just also have things like networking and
document feeders. Do please keep in mind that for the extra money you will
spend on this project, you can buy a lot of ink for a $50 IP4500.

Dan G,
You are right. I check the website again and the price went up to
$175.00 shipped. Then I checked the following day and it's back down
to $155.00 shipped. I think I will just wait for now.

thanks,
stan