Old December 5th 18, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Copieing 60.000 items from Windows Live Mail extreme performance degradation

Interestingly enough the following is happening:

I just started Windows Live Mail without shutting down any file disk images..

It is now trying to access the P drive which is all full and now it says:

"Recovering the Windows Live Mail database..."

This is a bit unfortunate... I don't want it to do that.

I just want it to start up so I can change the location of it's database to the new drive location.

I know I can do this by shutting down the P drive which is a bit an adventage of using file disk images in case the drive goes full.

At least windows live mail won't be able to find it's database and return into default configuration allowing me to access it and change it's location to the new drive and restart it.

However now I am slightly worried during the last windows live mail shutdown that it might have done something wrong cause it was out of drive space.

Also I see no way for windows live mail to recover the database on the drive P which is full...

So this is a bit weird software logic design. Perhaps it's deleting/pruning some crap... but probably not... it's probably a gigantic waste of time waiting for this to complete, but for now I will run it for a bit to see what and if it does anything decent.

Otherwise I will have to shut it down and dismount the P drive to get back into windows live mail.

Then I hope the new W drive will work as expected.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.