Old August 2nd 16, 06:10 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Lynn McGuire[_2_]

Default "Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016"

"Hard Drive Stats for Q2 2016"
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-...rates-q2-2016/

"Q2 2016 saw Backblaze: introduce 8TB drives into our drive mix, kickoff a pod-to-vault migration of over 6.5 Petabytes of data,
cross over 250 Petabytes of data stored, and deploy another 7,290 drives into the data center for a total of 68,813 spinning hard
drives under management. With all the ins-and-outs let’s take a look at how our hard drives fared in Q2 2016."

I am continuing to stay away from Seagates for now. WDC are beginning to worry me also. Of course, Backblaze is a very harsh
environment.

The HGST drives are looking freaking awesome. Aren't those the old IBM drives that had glass platters with the magic pixie dust for
a while ?

Lynn