Old October 16th 20, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm Why[_2_]

Default Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

I read that weak CMOS battery can prevent detection of a drive. I have two
SSD drives. One an old Samsung 500GB boots reliably. Drive D: is a new
Seagate Barracuda, 500GB that is not detected reliably. I've done everything
conceivable with the cables. I've read bad reviews on the Barracuda.

BIOS program says CMOS battery is 3V whereas 3.3V might have been when it
was new.

Is it worth my time to buy a new CMOS battery?

Thanks