Old October 10th 20, 05:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Why buying laptops is a bad deal long term (dead battery = unable to boot up)

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 00:52:57 -0400, Paul wrote:

| Some features of the OS will be relying on Hyper-V as
| an engine. Some sort of sandbox. They think that
| turning the OS into "Russian Dolls" somehow enhances
| security, while at the same time, potentially ejecting
| older computers (just about everything I own) from support.
| Another feature relying on Hyper-V, is the WSL2 for
| running "Bash" on Windows 10.
|
| I have one box with SLAT/EPT on it, and that would then
| be the only place for Windows 10.

I'm not worried. Such things are always talked about for a very long time before
they actually become the flavor of the day... IF, in fact, they ever do. Anyway,
this will likely happen in slow steps with older systems "grandfathered in" for as
long as we are apt to need them.

Larc