Old August 15th 03, 11:22 PM
Folkert Rienstra

"Ron" wrote in message ...

"Folkert Rienstra" wrote in message ...

Make sure that it is on the ICH4 and not some added PCI USB controller.
If it is then perhaps your drive's USB-IDE convertor may be the problem.

I was under the assumption that any USB 2.0 capable device could be hooked
into any USB port and would automatically be routed through the Enhanced
Controller. In any case, according to the properties tab under System for my
external USB HDD, it is, in fact, running as a 2.0 device and not 1.1.

The extra controllers are also USB 2.0, not 1.1.
They obviously wouldn't get in the low 20 MB/s if they were USB 1.1.

Btw, I have an Abit BD7-II R mobo.

I don't have any offline info on that.
Doesn't appear to have been tested by c't.

The point may be moot, however, since I've just received my FW box and now
am getting 34MB/s throughput. So at least THAT's working. Thanks for you input.

Ron