Old June 27th 03, 02:39 AM
Gary

I printed up my own cheques one time when I ran out and needed some. It
just takes longer to clear because they get rejected by the auto reader and
need to be keyed by hand. So if you want more time on clearing...... :-)

"Clark Wilhelm Griswold, Jr." 73115 dot 1041at compuserve com wrote in
message ...
One of the pieces of spam in my mailbox today mentioned selling "magnetic

ink"
for use in printing the MICR line on blank check stock. Since I have a

policy of
immediately deleting spam, I obviously did not go to this person's web

site.

I am curious though. The inability of most banks to read non-magnetic

coding put
a quick end to my experimentation with printing my own checks. Has someone
developed black ink with fine enough particles so as not to plug an ink

jet
cart, or was this guy blowing smoke?