Old July 17th 19, 03:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm X[_2_]

Default wireless mouse not working

I have a Nexxtech wireless mouse. It has stopped working on my Win10Pro
desktop PC even after reboot. It worked before. I have moved it to this
WinXP netbook where it works fine. I'm using it right now. It uses a USB
wireless dongle. My question is about Win10. Why has it stopped working
and how can I restore its function?

Thanks in advance.

This problem may be like a problem with a wireless keyboard that I
resolved. The keyboard would crash or lose its character mapping memory.
So in order to do a hard reboot, I removed the batteries momentary. After
reinsertion it worked fine.

& Moving the wireless mouse dongle was equivalent to a hard reset.

A more important discovery is that malfunction of a device may be a warning
of impending complete battery failure. It did and now I have placed new
batteries in the finicky device,