Old December 11th 08, 10:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

Default Need a Hard Drive holder/carrier for a HP XE783 desktop

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
One of the donated computer I have on my work bench a HP XE783, the
donator removed the hard drive and the hard drive holder/carrier.

If you have an older HP in your parts bin I would like to aqquire the
hard drive holder/carrier part, so I can complete the repair of this
Linux revived computer system.

I know many of you would toss this slow castoff Windows 98 machine, but
there are still sudents that need these systems that run quickly with a
Linux Desktop Operating System installed.

I had to add a graphic card, but this unit performs well running a 32-bit
Mepis7 a Debian Linux Distro. I need a hard drive holder to close the
case, and make certain it finds a needy home.

JR the postman

I can only find this reference to PC: it came with Win ME
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...rl=true&Cannot find ANY part numbers/info online.Worst case:an old generic 5.25" holder for floppy drive.mount the 3.5" drive where the floppy would go. Lose an expansion bay but -it works.