Old July 15th 07, 06:46 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
William R. Walsh

Default UPS with a " I don't want it to beep when lose power' option

Hi!

APC markets some units that can be told not to beep at all. The BR1500LCD
and BR1300LCD models can both have their beepers configured to stay off. You
can find at least the 1500 model for sale at Best Buy in the US. It is
advertised as a "Back UPS XS" there. Price is around $144.

For your existing UPS units, a little circuit modification might be in
order. I have "muted" various UPS units in times past by opening them up
(unplug the unit, disconnect the batteries FIRST and *be careful* -- these
things contain hazardous parts that may store energy even after the battery
is disconnected) and removing the offending beeper. This is effective but it
will invalidate any warranty your UPS is under.

William