Old September 9th 10, 01:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

Default Do You Believe in Registry Cleaners?

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 19:02:44 -0500, "Monica"
wrote:

I used to, as a computer novice in the mid 90s and let other people that had
no idea what they were doing talk me into them.
I'm not having any problems but I'm sure there are errant files in there
that need removed/moved/fixed. Are Reg Cleaners EVER
a good idea? Maybe by now they're improved?? If so, are there any "free"
reg cleaners you guys would suggest?
Thanks,
Monica

I've tried many over the years and some are more aggressive than
others ... sometimes with less than desireable results. I think for
most, not necessary but for some who say... install / uninstall a lot
perhaps worth considering. Of course the best way is to do a clean
install of everything to have a lean clean registry but that's time
consuming.

So I won't recommend any but do yourself a favor if you try any and
make sure you have a recent backup and try to make a restore point
prior to using a registry cleaner until you have a lot of confidence
in your cleaner.