Old January 9th 05, 02:44 PM
Jimmy

HWGYA wrote:
Noozer"
Go to the manufacturers website and

download their drive utilitiy. You
ould be able to at least ZERO the
ve and after that everything should
work with it.

It hangs

Other tools (FDISK /MBR, etc.) might
e able to get the drive to a state
where you could repartition, but if
you want to be sure, just ZERO the
drive.

Fdisk /mbr, works I think, well it "comes back" with :A
but then fdisk after that hangs

Jimmy"
Sorry if this is a dumb question but
why would one want 15 partitions? I
have over a dozen drives and they all

Lots of reasons, I used this drive as a backup
for images of my sisters, bothers, friends, clients
pc's, "fresh" copies of Win98se, W2k, Xp etc,

So do you think if I have a backup drive that has different file types like
photos and software I should definitely separate them into various
partitions instead of just folders? The I am guessing that the partitions I
use the most will only be that part of the drive I would be defragging. This
sound more effective if I have this right.

Thanks.

J.