Old January 8th 05, 07:36 PM
Grinder

Jimmy wrote:
HereWeGoYetAgain wrote:

I can't access my hard drive. It was fairly new (less than 1 year)
which I use with PM to copy partitions before I muck with them. I had
about 15 logical partitions and was in the middle of a partition copy
when PM got an error and failed turning the whole drive "yellow",
bad. PM 4, 7 and 8 try but can't delete it. I don't need to recover
the partitions just the drive. Fdisk hangs, Paragon Hard Disk Manager
6 hangs and Gdisk (not to experienced with this one) tells me can't
access disk due to too many partitions. I need to wipe the partition
table, I think but don't know how to do to. Can anybody help me clean
this thing?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why would one want 15 partitions? I
have over a dozen drives and they all have one partition each. Each drive is
dedicated to separate files like video and music. Would I gain anything by
partitioning a 200G drive full of video files into multiple partitions as
opposed to folders?

I can't speak for the OP, but I can describe a scenario with a lot of
partitions on one hard drive. At one time, I kept such a drive with
multiple 700 Mb partitions because I was building CD-rom images --
installers for multiple product lines/versions.