Old October 16th 03, 01:01 AM
Faeandar

Personally I prefer Cisco, but that's a different story....

Out of those 2 the answer, as always, is it depends.

McData is fantastic at passing packets, doing it quickly, and doing it
consistantly. That's it, move data fast and reliably.

Brocade has a good record as well but not as good as McData. But one
thing they have McData does not is a roadmap that actually sees things
get to reality. They are progressing when it comes to new technology
like fabric based services among others.

McData's roadmap today looks frighteningly similar to the one of 3
years ago. Not much has changed. But then again, they were good at
packet passing back then too.

Hope this helps.

~F

On 15 Oct 2003 07:58:09 -0700, (Jeff Specoli) wrote:

Hey guys/gals,

I know very little about SANs but have been asked to find information
on the web about which is the better overall switch: The Brocade
Silkworm 3900 or the McData 3232? All I can find are marketing blurbs
and very little about the technical merits of each device. Which do
you guys prefer and why? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Also,
any URLs you may have regarding specifics about performance testing,
etc. on these devices are appreciated.

-TIA
Jeff