Old January 24th 07, 07:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche

Default FYI: Upgrade from Windows XP to Vista procedure

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
"Sparky Spartacus" wrote in message
RnR wrote:
Here is a link (from Extremetech) for this info. --
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2082979,00.asp

I find this whole Vista business very Shakespearean, i.e., "Much Ado
About Nothing".

it is. and i think that microsoft is in for a rude awakening because the
motivation to upgrade from xp is nothing like that of the motivation there
was to upgrade from windows me/98/95. and the greater hardware
requirements makes it another reason not to upgrade. sure it will sell on
new boxes, particularly since they won't allow future oem sales on xp, but
xp will be around for a while.

If people are slow to upgrade I wonder - will microsoft tweak the
software to make it run
on less powerful machines?