Old July 17th 19, 03:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T. Ment

Default sil3114 sata card

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 01:15:49 +0000, T. Ment wrote:

With DOS, cylinders are limited to 1024, no matter what the heads and
sectors per track are. So with heads=16, sectors=63, and cylinders=1022,
your maximum DOS partition is about 500 MB. My problem is, I have a DOS
partition of 2GB, the maximum size with heads=255.

If you don't need a huge DOS partition like mine, the card works.

But only up to some disk size limit, unknown to me.

I'm not trying to recommend this card for new builds. I just wanted to
know if it works on older PCI bus computers that don't have any SATA. It
works on one of mine. YMMV.