Old June 15th 07, 10:01 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt
Conor

Default Ebuyer unbranded memory doesn't work - how do I even know I have the right stick?

In article .com,
Jonathan says...

I found the Crucial Scanner thing http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/index.asp
but it only wanted to recommend Ballistix sticks, or kits with parts
that ebuyer didn't have.
Bearing in mind the memory is going to have to go back to ebuyer, can
you please let me know what to search on?
I used the memory finder tool at http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/list...x?model=MD8083
which recommended a CT434183 stick, but ebuyer don't have that part.
There's this, though: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/65719/rb/0 -
but again, it doesn't say how many chips, just that it's called
CRUCIAL 1GB DDR PC3200 400MHz 184-PIN UNBUFF 128MX64 Memory

Buy your memory from Crucial. Get the stuff the scanner recommends. It
is a no quibble money back guarantee if it doesn't work and it also has
a lifetime guarantee.

As an example of Crucials excellent service, I had cause to suspect a 5
year old DIMM was defective. Even though I didn't have a receipt, they
traced the order from the e-mail address I used and the serial number
of the DIMM and gave me a RMA number on the spot saying they'd ship new
RAM as soon as they got the old, even before testing.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........