Old November 28th 04, 08:23 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

Default SATA & SCSI, SATA link & SATA Raid

I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
adapter.
* Then what shall I do more ?

2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
* I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
one. Any experiences ?

3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.
Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
?

Thanks in advance