Old February 26th 07, 07:58 PM posted to alt.computer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.laptops
- Bobb -

Default Rebates ! update

FINAL UPDATE:

I've been out of town for 4 weeks - just went to PO to pick up my mail.
Lo' and behold - in the pile are 2 checks from my Black Friday purchases
:
1 from HP ($50) and 1 from CompUSA ($230) - checks
dated 1/24/07 . Case closed.

Bobb

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..
snipped

I got out my paperwork and called the number on my store receipt (
not thinking it would help). I was told that the reason for not
processing the rebate was that serial number I submitted didn't
qualify for that ($30) rebate. I told her " You're right - I am
holding in my hand the lower part of the CompUSA receipt that I sent
to you and it clearly states "Notebook PC with a model number ending
in US
and receive $50 cash back" not $30.

" Oh - let me check". On hold for a minute " I did find a $50 rebate
and will process that - thank you for calling"

If anyone else needs the info:
call 1-888-385-5410
The Offer # ( for that $50 rebate) is NB03706.

FURTHER UPDATE:
I've been out of town - just went to PO to pick up my mail (was
stopped).
I saw a "rebate check envelope" (tear-apart sides) from HP and since I
was stopping at the bank anyway I brought it on with me. I opened it
there and .... guess what? .... it's a " sorry but you do not qualify
for the $30 rebate" letter. No check.
I'm now calling them back - AGAIN. Two months - STILL they have not
sent a check.