Old February 12th 05, 01:54 AM
Jeff French

Default Hance Rapids SATA HostRaid Driver Installation for GA-8KNXP Ultra-64

Kelvin,
I kept scratching my head over this one. As I have stated, I'm not familiar
with this Raid (Hance Rapids - 6300ESB SATA Raid) because I don't use it. I
have my SATA DVDs connected to these connections and use the Silicon Image
Sil 3114 controller for my SATA hard drives.
On the motherboard CD in the BootDrv directory are all the floppy installed
drivers. Click on Menu.exe. This will bring up a 'Command Prompt window'
with a menu of all the drivers available. Place a formatted floppy disk in
your floppy drive, at the prompt, enter 'G' (Hance Rapids Raid), and then
'return'. The Hance Rapids Raid drivers will be loaded onto the floppy disk.
When finished the Menu will return, simply enter '0', the 'Command Prompt
window' will disappear. Check your floppy disk and you should find the
following files and directory:

HRAIDSK1
TXTSETUP.OEM
WIN32 - DIRECTORY
AARICH.CAT
AARICH.SYS
ADHRAID.CAT
ADHRAID.INF
OEMSETUP.INF

'Enable' the 'SATA RAID Function' in the motherboard BIOS. Connect your two
SATA hard drives to the SATA0_SB and SATA1_SB connections, then install
WinXP. Use the F6 option early in the installation process and place the
floppy disk made above to load the Hance Rapids Raid drivers. I think you
know the rest of the process (about using 'Ctrl S' to bring up the Adaptec
SATA HostRaid Controller utility to configure your hard drive array).

I hope you find this information useful.

Good Luck
Jeff