Old February 25th 14, 12:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jonathan L. Parker[_2_]

Default Canon BJC-50-Not Working With Gutenprint in OS X 10.6.8 Anymore(Fixed-sort of)

On 2/24/14 1:34 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote
Hi Jonathan,

Since I'm the maintainer of the gutenprint Canon backend, but did not
write and of the support code for the BJC printers, I want to ask a few
more questions:

1. It appears you are using 5.2.9, but the BJC-50 printer driver in
gutenprint 5.2.9 did not work for color, nor does it produce good B/W
prints?

That's right. It worked when I first installed it but quit for some reason.

2. The BJC-85 driver you are now using is not the gutenprint one, but a
different one? What is the exact URL of the print queue now that the
driver is installed?

Not quite sure what you mean. Maybe I should remind here that I'm
running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and not Linux.

3. I seem to remember that there is a BJC driver in Ghostscript, but not
sure right now what models it supports.

4. I would be very happy to do some checks of the various modes and
options in the gutenprint code, and modify/correct things if you
would be willing to test. In fact, if I were to send you some raw
print jobs that you could directly send to your printer, that would
be easiest, no need for you to install the driver. Would you be up
for that?

No, not really. As I mentioned, I don't use this printer much anymore
with OS X except as a backup. Also, the BJC-85 driver works way better
than the BJC-50 one ever did.

But thanks again for trying to help.