Old September 23rd 05, 12:47 AM
Ben Myers

With Delta, the 250 indicates a 250w capacity. If the form factor and the
electronic connectors fit the case, it does not matter whether the replacement
is a Compaq-original or another brand. What does matter is that the power
supply have at least the same wattage rating, and that it be a reliable one.

.... Ben Myers

On 22 Sep 2005 13:41:41 -0700, wrote:

A friend inherited a Compaq Presario 4409CL with dead power supply.

It looks like a standard ATX power supply. Inside the case we found
that the board is marked with Delta Electronics DPS-250KP-2B

Neither of us is a "power supply expert" so would appreciate any help.

Am thinking it would be most cost effective to get a 3rd party power
supply.

Had been told that Delta made reliable power supplies so am guessing
from what I have read so far that it was just too small.

Steven