Old June 13th 04, 04:31 AM
luminos

"Mike Kohary" wrote in message
Daniel Prince wrote:
Impmon wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:06:04 GMT, Daniel Prince
wrote:

I am planing to buy a LG 4082B multi-drive mainly to back up my hard
drives. Do all brands of DVD-RAM media work well in this drive or
are there brands that I should avoid?

Why do you want DVD-RAM? It's not well supported and requires other
PC to have DVD-RAM drive to read them.

I have read that it is quite a bit more reliable that -RW or +RW.
Also it can be used as a regular drive (drag and drop etc.) without
packet writing software.

Just my opinion, but I think the poor support for the format more than
erases any supposed reliability benefits,

You have not used RAM if you think that. It is far superior in access time
and reliability. It is probably the best kept secret, so to speak, out
there.